Leadership Teams

Leadership teams. How can a pastor survive without one? Let me share with you what my past leadership teams taught me?

1. Leaders must be planted deep into the word of God. And that is my responsibility as a pastor. I must constantly feed upon the word of God so I can teach, preach, and share the word of God with my leaders. Leaders will only remain strong, accountable, passionate, loving towards one another and active in ministry when they are sufficiently nourished with the Word of God. The word of God needs to become their life- in their private time with God, in group studies, and in corporate worship.

As a pastor I must understand and see the importance of a heavy solid Bible study in my life so I can teach and preach powerfully. The Word must become the center of my life. There is no other way. Therefore it becomes a necessity that I spend more time in the study of the word of God. More than anyone else. I am called to study the word of God and deliver it to His people. God calls for a Mary-like spirit. I cannot become an effective minister of the word if I have not experienced the power of the Word.

It is just so easy to become frustrated with people and start pointing out their failures and shortcomings. Yet when you start pointing out people’s faults and fail to see where they really are and try to understand them, you will only lead those people astray. Instead, gently guide them with the word of God. Let the word of God rebuke them and inspire them to serve with excellence. There is no other way. Pouting on them, punishing them with silence or indifference will only estrange relationships. Let the word of God heal them and push them to do their best for God’s glory.


2. Equip leaders for their various roles and ministries. My chief role is to help God’s children discover their gifts, put them into ministries, engage them into active service, and constantly train them and challenge them to reach their set goals.

Communication is an important part in team effort. The team must know the plan, how to implement the plan, and what is expected of them. That’s how crucial it is.

Does my team know the mission, the vision, the goals and objectives of the organization? How do you get there? Does each one know their gifts and how they play an important role in accomplishing those objectives. Our work is focused on the expansion of God’s kingdom on earth. Our young people need to see the relevance of the Word of God in their lives and know how they take part in service. Whatever it takes!

Equipping people means inviting people and offering them the opportunity to serve. But before that can take place they must be born again Christians. They need to know Jesus. They need to take him in their lives. Then and only then can they serve.

People must also understand clearly their leadership roles. It must be clear to them. It must be crystal clear to them what the leadership team expects from each of them

0 comments: