Personal Lessons from 1 Corinthians 13 (part 2)

4.  Love does not boast... it is not proud.    I should have nothing to do with the pecking order. Before I get quick to scat off and pretend I am not proud, I have already become proud.    The Pharisees during Jesus day are the kind of people who wants everyone’s attention, respect and admiration. At times I am one who do.  Am I not?  I love to be in the spotlight.  
   
  As a  pastor my role dictates I am a highly visible figure. How can I be a front man without succumbing to pride?
 “Regard one another as more important than yourselves” (Phil. 2:3 nasb). That’s what Jesus did. While others were going up, he was going down.  Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus: Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped, but made himself nothing, taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness. And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself and became obedient to death—even death on a cross! (Phil. 2:5–8 niv) 

Made me think again - Am I not meant to be a pastor forever? Well - God has called me to.  Should I not serve God as a pastor forever?  That is what he has called me to.   Think for a moment l-  God humbling himself to our level.  That is humility.  He left the castle so why should I be in one....servant leadership.
---------


When you give a feast, invite the poor, the crippled, the lame, and the blind” (Luke 14:13). My son’s next birthday will be held in honor of the outcasts. I want my son to know what it means to serve others.  True love puts others before self.  True love considers others more important than self. Philippians 2:3: “In humility consider others better than yourselves” (niv).


--------
When was the last time I served my wife?  When was the last time I served her than myself.  When was the last time I considered her more than myself. I am devoid of such love.  God has sent me here to remind me that there is hope for people like me. That I too need to come to God thirsty for this kind of love.  So I come thirsty. And drink from the fountain of God’s love. 

to be continued...

0 comments: