How to Get A License to Solemnize Weddings in the Philippines

After submitting my applications for a license to solemnize wedding on February 27, 2009, I checked the sois.census.gov.ph website to follow up on the approval and...Wow! After just merely 6 working days (my friend took almost a month) I finally got my authorization.

Here’s the link:
http://sois.census.gov.ph/content/2009-25be36bxqk-2011

2009-25BE36BXQK-2011



Solemnizing Officer Registry Information

Registry No. 2009-25BE36BXQK-2011
Name Ardison Ducusin Bernardo
Registry Status Authorized
Registry Effectivity January 27, 2009 to December 31, 2011
Validity Extension (if any)
Jurisdiction the entire Philippines.
Religious Sect CENTRAL LUZON CONFERENCE OF SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTISTS
Sect Locality


Here’s the list of basic  requirements you need to fulfill:
    1.    Two 2x2 photos
    2.    SEC/GIS
    3.    Recommendation letter from your church organization
    4.    Recommendation letter from the mayor
    5.    Certificate of Live Birth
    6.    Certificate of Ordination
    7.    Brief History of your local church
    8.    A list of 200 members

To get a detailed list of requirements just visit the NSO office (Muslims have a different set and so on..)

My authorization allows me to officiate  weddings anywhere in the Philippines provided that both parties are Seventh-day Adventist members. (My denomination has strict rules and requires both to be church members although the government code requires at least one of them is a member of your church)

0 comments: