2009 Here I Come!

Saturday, March 14, 2009 7:13 AM
Wheew! After a long blogging hiatus I am back  online and here to welcome 2009. So what just happened to me for the past 2 1/2 months? Here’s a few major events-
  1. I am a Dengue survivor!  The fever I had on January 1, 2009 turned out to be a symptom for dengue. After spending 6 days at the hospital I finally overcame it. My blood platelet dropped to 40,000 and now its back to 400,000. I remember my wife calling me at the hospital, “Don’t die!  You have two kids and a wife.  So fight back! Eat well and drink those medicines!
  2. The Longest Serving Youth Pastor!  On January 31, 2009, I had my official installation service at Philippine International Church, Adventist University of the Philippines. Standing before a 2,000 strong  congregation I delivered my first sermon this year  entitled A Youth-Loving Church Ministry. I was already assigned in this church from 2003 to 2006. I'll be serving again as Youth Pastor starting this year till  2011 making me the longest  serving youth pastor of PIC for the time being. As far as I know I am the only ordained youth pastor this church ever had. This should be put on the Guiness book of Records.
  3. Just Moved in to my New House!   Just last Wednesday, March 2009, we moved in to the newly renovated pastoral house at Adventist University of the Philippines. It will take us a week to get things unpacked and put at the right place but we are enjoying our new home and my new office.   
Closing thought:  Blogging Daily!  After this long pause I have decided to blog daily to  keep my new congregation and leaders updated about God's direction for his church and ministry.Blessings! Welcome 2009! 

0 comments: