To Quit or To Worship

What is it about You Lord that I should adore? What is it about You that I should praise? When I fail, do You love me less? When I succeed, do You love me more? As your handiwork why have You created me? For what purpose? For what reason?

Lord, You know my heart. I am not perfect. I am not pure. Your presence alone makes me all that I am - perfect in Christ Jesus. You have given me a status so clean. Help me to live clean.

God You are a holy God. In You holiness I cannot stay unclean. Unholy. A holy God only can make a holy person. Make me holy, Father. Help me to live a holy life. That is what I need. That is what I want.

Lord, honestly at times I doubt my calling. I want to open my heart to you. There have been instances when I wonder why I am in the ministry. I often ask myself why do I have to go through all the pressures in this kind of work. But it is more than work I know. It is a calling. That makes all the difference in the world. That transforms my attitude and outlook in life. But whatever one's profession is, we all have been called. Called for the purpose of living for Your glory.

God you know how at times I wanted to quit ministry. I know too of ministers who have already burned out because of too much demands. Ministry, Lord, can really be exhausting. Pressures come from all sides. Anyway, any people-oriented work is really stressful. So perhaps, Lord, that is not an excuse. Besides, You promised to grant me with power and grace. Grace for every moment. Grace for every trial. Grace for every defeat. Grace for every pressure. Grace for every relationship. Grace for every day.

Lord, I am so sorry for trying to run away from You. Instead of running away, let me face that solemn responsibility of drawing your flock closer to your throne. Near to where you are. Keep me patient and humble. Keep me wise. Keep me forever secured in you love.

Almighty God, I just can't help but to wonder at Your grace. Wonder at Your magnificent love. You love me. How can you love a minuscule creation like me in such a vast universe. That is the wonder of Your love. How wonderful You are! Just when I am not at my best, You remind me of Your love that never change. You remind me there is power in your love.

You created me to worship You! Thank you for the privilege. There is power and life when I come to worship and serve You. You are wonderful! Wonderful to look at. Wonderful to serve. Wonderful to love and worship.

0 comments: