Joshua & the Law of Influence

“The True Measure of Leadership is Influence-Nothing More, Nothing Less”

"The very essence of all power to influence lies in getting the other person to participate." HarryA. Overstreet.

LEADERSHIP THOUGHT FOR TODAY: Leadership impact increases as influence increases
Read: Numbers 13:1-33; 14: 1038; 27:12023; Joshua 1:1-18

TODAY'S QUESTION FOR REFLECTION

What are you currently doing to increase your influence?

Just like in the past, times come when I am overwhelmed by the unending tasks in the district. Idon't know how I am gonna face it, much more how I am gonna finish it. It's just too much. Justrecently I am frustrated with the work done by our missionaries. They seem to be playing notentirely committed to His work. Yet only God can read their hearts.

I want to share with them the best there is in serving the Lord. I don't want to compare themwith others. What I need to do is to influence them so they can become better workers of God.

After my short devotional today, the question for reflection is “ What are you currently doing toincrease your influence?

Well I guess the answer is obvious. Reading Maxwell's books on leadership is perhaps the beststep I have taken to improve myself. As a pastor my primary responsibility is leadership or influencing people as Maxwell defines it. Influencing people to change. Influencing people todraw closer to God. Influencing people to involve themselves in service. I could not use powerbecause the church does not use positional leadership.

Today I pray that, as I read this book, I would internalize more of its principles so I can lead this district closer to God.

0 comments: