LIFE BEYOND OUR WILDEST DREAMS (Part 1)

Pssst! Pastor Ardie! How was 2008?

Let me summarize a pastor's life for 2008 according to Gerald L. Borchert: "Jesus is the agent of wholeness, of eternal life, of secure pasture, and of release from the realm of darkness. He is, as the Samaritans confessed, “the Savior of the world” (John 4:42), and here he is the one who provides life to the fullest (John 10:10). The Greek perisson means “that which goes way beyond necessity.” John wanted all his readers to know that the gift of Jesus is life beyond our wildest dreams.

For this year John 10:10 has been my central theme. Check out this text in my favorite versions:

The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come so that they may have life, and may have it abundantly. The NET Bible 1st Edition

A thief is only there to steal and kill and destroy. I came so they can have real and eternal life, more and better life than they ever dreamed of. The Message

The thief’s purpose is to steal and kill and destroy. My purpose is to give them a rich and satisfying life. NLT

Here are a few of God's surprises for me for the year 2008. Here's to life beyond my wildest dreams:

1. An Awesome God - John 10:10. With you God, life is beyond my wildest dreams
2. Eternal Life - In spite of my shortcomings, Jesus would never let me go.
3. Excitement - Each morning as I wake up, I am excited to start another day.
4. Passion - Although it may dwindle from time to time, my passion for God and ministry
grows each day.
5. Lovely Wife - How would I survive without my heaven-sent angel?
6. Fiona Sedrol - Born July 8, 2008. My second child boasts of being the next Ms.
Universe.
7. Sean Ardis - Why of course my first born leaves me wondering if Einstein was his uncle.
8. Parents - Hmmm. Why are they so patient with me?
9. Siblings - I pray that their journey in life will be Jesus-driven.
10. Ordination - God finally says, “It’s time!” I got ordained as a full-pledge pastor on May 2, 2008.
11. Church - Church still puzzles me and sometimes leave me wounded as a pastor but it will always be the object of God’s love. Jesus calls her his bride.
12. iDREAM - This young professionals organization keeps my passion for ministry alive. Geniuses at work!
13. 1st Gen Macbook - Why this 2 1/2 year old laptop has been instrumental to the baptism of 1,902 souls.
14. Nokia 3120c Phone - Why this cheap 3g phone keeps me connected to the net anywhere in the Philippines.
15. ardisonbernardo.multiply.com - This social network now houses my personal blogs & keeps me in touch with friends.
16. nextgenadventist.blogspot.com - This blog keeps my vision and passion alive of what a new generation Adventist and pastor should be - ever growing, ever changing, ever-reaching the next generation for Christ!

to be continued...

0 comments: