A Pastor's Choice


Lord, today is a new day. A new gift. A fresh encounter. Another chance to meet You. Another opportunity to do good. Another day to fill my heart with your goodness. An occasion to celebrate your love. A good time to rejoice in your presence.

Lord, here am I in your presence. Asking for your gracious touch to transform me today. Praying that today you will make me a better pastor, a loving husband, a hardworking minister, a compassionate person, a faithful Christian, a responsible father, and a dependable friend. Pour out your life in me, Lord . Fill this day with many opportunities to break new grounds of ministry and mission. Take me to higher heights of your glory, Lord.

Let the sun’s rays warm my heart and being to live through the day in the spirit of worship. Permit the ground I thread on to become a witness of a life lived faithfully

TODAY, I am making a choice. A choice of eternal value.

Today, I decided to become religiously spiritual. Making God first, last, and best in everything I think, say, and do today. Today’s schedule will be preoccupied by the living, intimate God. A refreshing worship encounter minute by minute.

Today I decided to walk in humility. Yielding my life to the divine control of my Supreme Ruler, Master, CEO, Senior Pastor, and Boss. Respecting my co-workers and church leaders. Submitting my personal rights and sacrificing self for the sake of others.

Today I decided to become God’s wonderful masterpiece of creativity. I will allow God’s voice to shape and mold my thoughts that his mission may find new form, method, and ways of reaching his lost children. I will allow imagination to help jump-start a new ministry. I will think of new ways of doing old things which will be more effective and efficient. My thoughts will be filled with God’s imaginative creativity that molded me into what I was, I am , and will be.

Today I decided to mobilize my God given gifts, skills, and talents to good use. I will allow God to put them to work. I will invest my time for their good use. Harnessing, honing, equipping, and further enhancing my discovered gifts. I will allow the Spirit to give me a chance to discover other gifts and try them out. I will permit the Spirit to start new ministries using my God-given abilities. It will be unselfishly used for the expansion of the kingdom. I offer my heart, my hands, and my feet for the vicious mobilization of the gospel.

Today, Lord, I will go further than just discovering and knowing the spiritual gifts I already have. I will make use of them for a specialized ministry I love to do and enjoy doing.

Today I choose to do things extraordinarily better than what I used to do. I will excel in the area you want me to shine. Lord, I ask that you will help reshape my views of ministry and take me into new circumstances that will put this specialized ministry at work.

Today Lord I will innovate or help reshape an established ministry, introducing better methods, ideas, or forms. And it will be the product of the creative juice you’ve put inside me Lord, teach me to innovate for the sake of a more fruitful and functional ministry. How to do old things in a new manner with a fresh approach. I will not promote visionary innovation for the sake of change but for the sake of growth.

Today, Lord, I will concentrate on my goals. What the mind perceives is what the soul can achieve. And this mind is no longer mine. The mind of Christ is in me. Today I decided to focus only on good thoughts, on my purpose, my mission, my vision, and my Christ. Today I decided to concentrate on what truly matters most leaving no room for the devil to suggest unhealthy thoughts, selfish desires, egocentric behavior, destructive criticisms. And I choose a heart which is driven by the heart of Christ. Let this heart of mine be filled with your divine love.

And in all these,Lord, I resolve to be determined. Determined to live a godly life, exercise firmness in my purpose in life, steadfast resolution to excel.

Today, I decided to have the strength of Your will, the resiliency of Your character, the single-mindedness of focus, steadfastness in my faith, perseverance in life’s trials, commitment and dedication to You and You alone. I live for You alone, Lord. Take me now and help me live out my prayer. For I ask it in the powerful name of Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior. Amen.

0 comments: